My client is a leading manufacturing organisation with over 30 years of experience in the construction trade. They currently produce a range of quality products across 6 manufacturing operations.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Manager to be responsible for their operation in Birmingham.
My client is a leading manufacturing organisation with over 30 years of experience in the construction trade. They currently produce a range of quality products across 6 manufacturing operations and employ over 500 people.
As Health & Safety Manager you will drive the H&S culture throughout the site and be responsible for coordinating, supporting and advising the team in all aspects in relation to health, safety, and environmental matters.
The ideal candidate will need to possess strong leadership attributes with the ability to communicate staff training efficiently and effectively, as well as being a driven individual with the ability to work independently, as well as within the wider team.
Other key responsibilities include:
- To ensure the company wide OH&S policies and processes are implemented and carried out across site, as well as keeping up to date with regulatory changes accordingly
- To develop H&S strategies working in conjunction with the Senior Management Team
- To chair, formulate an Agenda for H&S Meetings and distribute actions, ensure that all agreed actions are completed within deadlines
- To carry out site inspections/Internal H&S audits and review the effectiveness of the H&S management system identifying areas of improvement as and when required
- As required, carry out accident investigations producing supporting documentation which outlines root cause analysis and what corrective actions may be needed, including but not limited to disciplinary action. Keep records up to date and share the learnings with the wider site team,
- Promote the strategy for the companies' unsafe conditions and unsafe acts reporting.
- Promote SHEQ initiatives ensuring, review, audit, feedback, and closure including agreed actions.
- Create, review, and train out risk assessments, ensure that the required departments are involved in the risk assessment process.
- Standard Operation Procedures to be developed, reviewed, and trained out.
- Identify the training needs of employees, deliver training as required, including risk assessing and safe systems of work
- The candidate will have NEBOSH general certification and ideally be a member of IOSH with manufacturing experience.
- Experience in creating maintaining and updating H&S Management Systems & processes as the business is working towards the implementation of ISO 45001;2018
- Practical experience of carrying out health, safety, environmental and quality audits/Inspections
- Up to date Knowledge of Current Regulatory requirements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly demonstrate and convey concepts to large and small audiences on various levels
£40,000 - £45,000 + benefits
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.