EA First are working with a R&D Tax Specialist firm, who are looking for an Interim Technical Directort, to support with a large project for the next 3-6 + months.
Overview of Role
The role of the Interim Technical Director is to provide high level technical support.
The role includes providing the high level support to the technical team, the company, Partners and external consultants. To support the Operations Director in the day to day management and strategic management of the department and the wider company.
CEO/ Operations Director
The role will involve:
- To provide Technical support to the wider company, sales team, partners, referrers, clients and their advisors.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries.
- Providing training to technical staff, the wider company, partners, referrers, professional referrers.
- Managing the high level technical review of reports, calculations and tax returns.
- Managing and attending technical meetings.
- Liaising with clients, advisors and HMRC on technical matters.
- Overall responsibility for managing all aspects of clients.
- Responsibility for managing WIP, fees and debtors.
- Implementing the business plan as agreed by the board.
- Any other duties as required by the group or the board.
- CTA qualified or equivalent with 5+ years post qualification experience
- A minimum of five years corporate tax experience, R&D and Patent Box experience preferable
- Relevant experience of working in a tax practice
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
- Proven ability to manage people
- Well-developed client relationship management skills
- Excellent business English - written and verbal
- Strong Excel capability including manipulating large and complex datasets
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
This role can be fully remote and thus we are open to nationwide applications.
If you think you would be a good candidate for this project or would like to hear more please contact Lauren Ramsey on 01223 298160.