EA First are working with a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants based in Peterborough, on their requirement for an experienced Payroll Administrator. This is a full-time, permanent role.
Competitive Benefits Package:
- Up to £26,000 + (DOE)
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (or 28 days on a training contract, with the opportunity to buy 5 days)
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- And more!
- Administration of all stages of payroll processing for a portfolio of outsourced payrolls, including scanning information and monitoring the payroll processing cycle to ensure that information on payroll spreadsheets is maintained and kept up-to-date at all times.
- Ensuring that all information for payrolls is made available for processing by outsourced payroll providers.
- Preparation of letters, payroll reports and payslips for submission to clients.
- Liaising with clients and HM Revenue & Customs when dealing with payroll related queries.
- Assistance with billing, including preparation and submission of invoices to clients.
- General administrative duties, e.g. photocopying, scanning and filing, responding to letters and emails.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Good working knowledge of payroll processing procedures and legislation
- Ability to communicate with both clients and HMRC
- Experience within a payroll office / bureau environment
- Use of own initiative to follow processes through
- Conversant with Sage Payroll software
- Experience using Xero is desirable
- IT Literate (MS Word, Outlook and, especially, Excel)
- Good attention to detail
- Organisation/time management
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Very competitive Salary (Depending on Experience)