Do you want to work for a business with climate change risk at the heart of what they do? A business who are working with some the most prominent organisations, who can make a difference and show a real interest in the impact of climate change?
Then look no further, Qubit Careers are excited to have partnered exclusively with a growing start-up, that has spun out of the University of Cambridge.
This organisation is looking to recruit a Software Engineer to join the team on a mission to help confront climate change, one of the largest threats facing our planet.
After successfully receiving their series A funding, this company is now looking to expand, and double the size of their business over next 12-18 months.
They are developing a unique modelling and analytics platform to help international firms assess their risks and prospects presented by rising temperatures, Climate related policy, and new technologies in the world.
As a Software Engineer you will be part of a team developing a SaaS product that employs an API as back end and web-based dashboard at the front end.
The following technology stacks are currently employed.
- APIs: Django REST Framework with PostgreSQL configured as a relational database.
- Client facing product: Flask framework employing the Dash UX toolkit with PostgreSQL configured as a local hybrid relational/object store.
- Good team player with planning skills and a commitment to delivery.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a software engineer environment
- Excellent communicator and the ability to present information on progress and outcomes, to colleagues and external stakeholders
- Object-oriented programming
- Relational databases
- Version Control
- Testing and QA frameworks
- A creative and enquiring mind set
- Familiarity with scientific datasets and modelling techniques
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with MVC/ORM with Django and/or Flask
- Experience of software development outsourcing
Hybrid working, strong salary and benefits on offer.
You must have full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit restriction, or sponsorship.
If you are a Software Engineer interested in joining a very topical organisation, then please submit your application.