My client are a leading third party logistics provider based in Crick.
They're looking for a number of 2nd Line Support Analysts to support the IT network.
My client are a leading third party logistics provider based in Crick who have experienced significant growth and are now looking for a 2nd Line Support Analyst to join the team.
- The 2nd Line Support Analyst will act as a trusted advisor for business and technology teams serving as a go to for all technology related matters.
- Engage technology product management to provide solutions for staff, product and service feedback ensuring ongoing enhancements to technology.
- Respond and proactively address employees' technology questions regarding computer systems, telecommunication devices, and software programs.
- Provide individual and group technology training sessions to staff.
- Deliver best practices for new and existing hardware and software technology releases.
- Train new hires on technologies required for their role.
- Utilize existing IT management systems to manage the delivery of services. If necessary, coordinate resolution with vendors and ensure follow-up.
- Perform ordering, installation and maintenance of physical computers, thin clients, virtual machines and related hardware and software.
- Install and support desktop IP telephony and telecommunications equipment. Perform moves/adds/changes for all desktop and telephone hardware as needed.
- Actively update and maintain inventory management, request, incident and purchasing systems. Ensure all systems are properly documented and updated with latest troubleshooting techniques.
- Review daily metrics of problem and incident activities using IT management systems ServiceNow and eRequest.
- The 2nd Line Support Analyst will have a strong understanding of IT Service Management practices.
- Excellent troubleshooting, technical/ creative problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Strong presence and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Windows Server. E.g. folder redirection, roaming profiles, distributed file system (DFS), permissions and shares.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Apple, Android mobile devices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Active Roles interface
- Knowledge of Cisco desktop phones and features
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Knowledge of PC & server hardware (Dell, Lenovo, HP) and peripherals.
£35,000 + benefits
Hybrid role: 2 days from home, 3 days from office in Crick
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.