EA First have partnered with Growing Software House based in South Cambridge who are seeking to recruit a 1st/2nd line System Administrator to join a small internal IT department that provides IT support and procurement to its operating companies worldwide.
The team manage a multi-site mixture of Windows (2016/2019 Servers) and small collection of Linux Systems, and You will be responsible for a fleet of Windows 10 laptops and desktops. The department also maintains and interacts with bespoke solutions for internal business processes across the group, working with products such as vSphere, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Veeam, Office365, Sophos and many more.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Support the end users in-person, by phone, and online
* Keep up to date incidents and activity on the IT ticketing system.
* Buying and commission IT equipment and computer software.
* Help the department and senior team in maintaining essential IT infrastructure and systems.
* Act in response to alerts from network and system monitoring tools to reduce downtime.
* Contribute to small scale IT projects.
* Producing and maintaining internal documentation, procedures, processes, and standards.
* Maintaining the fixed asset inventory of all computer-related equipment
* Some occasional travel to the site based around 20-minute drive away.
You must have some knowledge in the following:
* Detailed knowledge of maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft desktop systems.
* Windows Server deployment and troubleshooting.
* Experience of managing systems under Active Directory and Azure AD.
* Basic understanding of Microsoft Server Infrastructure services, DNS, DHCP, GPO.
* Functional knowledge of Office 365 and the services it provides.
* Awareness of virtualisation (VMware) and cloud technologies (Azure).
* Highly organised, able to prioritise workload effectively.
* Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
* Familiarity of one Linux Distribution.
If you are a technical 2nd line systems administrator looking for your next role, then please either call Damian Bicknell on 01223298159 or apply to this vacancy.