EA First are partnering with a highly regarded Top UK Accountancy firm based in Milton Keynes who are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant Manager or Accounts Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
You will manage a portfolio of clients, meeting their needs, whilst continuing to grow and develop the portfolio.
- Genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days (28 days when on a training contract, option to buy 5 days)
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
- Amazing employee referral scheme
- Agile working
- Plan, control and review client work to ensure that the jobs are completed as efficiently and effectively as possible by allocating the resources available
- Prepare a time budget for each assignment. Ensure where possible that this is set at a level to enable the office to make money on the job taking into account the level of the fees
- Review all work received as soon as possible, ensuring that any issues arising are referred back to the staff for completion before any outstanding issues are drawn to the attention of the Partner
- Prepare fee schedules and bill for Partner review and approval, explaining any extra charges also identifying and explaining any write offs or profits
- Draft all client letters, finalising of accounts, letters of engagement etc.
- Attend client meetings (where appropriate)
- Identify and target new clients through networking, marketing and client referrals
- Ensure, as far as possible, that trainees are allocated a variety of jobs in order to provide a broad range of training and maximise their experience
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA with 2 - 5 years post qualification practice experience
- Experience of OMBs covering a range of industries with a focus across accounts, advisory and audit work
- Management/supervisory experience - the ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop the team and be a strong leader
- Client focus and commercial awareness
- Communication - accurate and concise oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organisational skills - the ability to juggle a number of different tasks at once