EA-First have been engaged by one of UK's most prestigious Tailors to help them source a talented Application Support Analyst to join the IT team on their site based on the outskirts of Cambridge.
As an application support analyst, your role will primarily be involved in the support, administration and maintenance of already existing systems as well as providing documentation and training staff in existing business information applications, testing system upgrades and business reports relevant to the company will also be necessary. You will work alongside the Infrastructure support analysts and service desk analysts to support the business applications of the company.
Responbilities will include
- Provide assistance to the infrastructure team in the implementation and testing of new designs to continuously improve performance, availability and security.
- Provide supervision of re-seller and support partner technical staff on the design and implementation of new systems.
- Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of applications and procedures.
- Provide second line support to the ServiceDesk for issues that cannot be resolved there.
- Creating Knowledge base documentation for ServiceDesk staff.
- Key point of contact for 3rd party support providers.
- Liaison point between Service desk and Development for all application changes.
- Adjust IT policies and advise ServiceDesk on policies when required.
- Manage changes in accordance with agreed change control policies.
- Assist in defining relevant acceptance tests for application changes.
- Monitor and respond to application alerts and faults.
- Identify and report overloading, capacity issues or any potential threats to service levels.
Essential experience & technical abilities:-
- Experience managing multiple, complex applications in a Microsoft environment with particular focus on SQL back-end systems
- Understanding of infrastructure technologies including WAN, LAN, Virtualisation, Citrix etc.
- Demonstrated efficient and effective use of problem-solving and task prioritisation to solve complex application support challenges.
- Be able to react to constantly changing priorities and manage a demanding workload.
- Experience of recording and solving application support issues from customers, prioritising requests, implementing and communicating timely solutions, both in database and web environments.
- Strong understanding with Microsoft technologies used at the server including SQL Server
- Professional standards - familiar with safety standards, help desk procedures, corporate quality and change management processes.
Preferred / likely experience & technical abilities:-
- Knowledge of systems in use by the group with particular focus on MS Business Central (NAV), SQL scripting, SSRS
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework.
This is an Office based role needing to be on-site 5 days a week
A working week consists 36.5 hours a week
The company are offering a market rate salary with a range of benefits.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.