EA-First have been engaged by one of UK's most prestigious Tailors to help them source a talented Application Support Analyst to join the IT team on their site based on the outskirts of Cambridge.
As an application support analyst, your role will primarily be involved in the support, administration and maintenance of already existing systems as well as providing documentation and training staff in existing business information applications, testing system upgrades and business reports relevant to the company will also be necessary. You will work alongside the Infrastructure support analysts and service desk analysts to support the business applications of the company.
As the Application Support Analyst your role will involve the following important duties:
- Provide assistance to the infrastructure team in the implementation and testing of new designs to continuously improve performance, availability and security.
- Supervise the design and implementation of new systems.
- Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of applications and procedures.
- Provide second-line support to the Service Desk.
- Act as a key point of contact for 3rd party support providers.
As a successful Application Support Analyst you will have the following:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience.
- SQL Scriptwriting.
- Experience managing multiple, complex applications in a Microsoft environment with a particular focus on SQL back-end systems.
- Experience in recording and solving application support issues.
- Understanding of Microsoft technologies used at the server including SQL server.
- Experience in working within an ITIL framework.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
This is an Office based role needing to be on-site 5 days a week
A working week consists 36.5 hours a week
The company are offering a competetive salary with a range of benefits.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.