We are delighted to be working with a leading manufacturing organisation in Middlesbrough on an exclusive basis to recruit an Assistant Accountant. This role is paying up to £33,000 per annum.
This leading manufacturing organisation in Middlesbrough serve hundreds of loyal companies with a broad offering of products designed to meet the most demanding operating environments. For nearly 20 years, they have helped their customers grow by developing market-leading products by standing behind their quality promise.
They are a leader in providing business solutions and growth opportunities to their loyal customers. As one of the fastest growing companies within their sector across the UK, they have a mission to provide best-in-class service, from on-boarding to after-sales support. They are a dynamic, entrepreneurial organisation that offers exciting growth opportunities for talented professionals searching for a new challenge.
We are currently searching for an Assistant Accountant to assist their busy finance team, primarily in the purchase ledger department, with scope to assist in further areas of the finance function as you progress. Tasks included in the role but not limited to:
- Purchase ledger - checking invoices against purchase orders, processing and authorising for payment, reconciliation of monthly supplier accounts.
- Processing supplier payments, allocating and sending remittances.
- Maintaining and reconciling the cash book.
- Processing non-purchase ledger transactions.
- Handling & Resolving supplier accounts queries.
- Processing monthly journal entries.
- Providing administrative support to the finance team when required.
- Day to day running of the designated accounts email.
- Collating & producing general reporting as required.
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly and annual stocktaking.
- Collating, documenting & reviewing finance department task processes & in turn identifying areas that could be streamlined.
Who You Are
You are ready for a bold and energising career move, where you will be awarded the latitude and the opportunity to work in a dynamic business with strategic growth plans reporting directly to the Finance Director.
You are driven by the need for change, and undeterred by early failures. You are a collaborator and learner, and you will dive into our existing workflow, customer dynamics and team culture - to understand brand and company DNA. You believe that progress comes from thinking big and working hard to achieve an audacious goal. You show up as your authentic self to work, taking on new challenges with purpose and enthusiasm.
As Assistant Accountant you will have:
- Have operated in an accountancy role in a B2B environment.
- Maintain excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have an analytical mindset, and can use data to produce insights and drive action.
- Demonstrate strong time management and organisational skills.
- Insist on a customer-centric attitude across all activities.
- Proven attention to detail and confidence in decision-making abilities.
- Exceptional ability to communicate and foster positive business relationships.
- Can work under pressure and adapt to change.
- Consistently display a positive attitude and high level of enthusiasm.
- Willing to continuously reinvent and reflect on both systems and yourself.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in all key performance indicators.
- Possess a can-do attitude.
Education and Skills:
- AAT Accounting level 3 or above. Please note, this is desirable, qualified by experience will also be considered.
- Willing and eager to learn new skills.
What's on Offer
- £28,000 - £33,000.
- 21 days annual leave, plus public holidays.
- Annual leave increase by 1 day with every year's service, up to a maximum of 25 days.
- CPD & study support package for the right candidate.
- Free parking at their Middlesbrough Office.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.