EA First are working with a well-established accountancy firm based in Ipswich, who have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Credit Controller to join their successful team.
Reporting into the Partnership Accountant, you will work alongside the Credit Controller to ensure effective credit control management using effective techniques and systems, whilst maintaining the highest standards of customer service and strict confidentiality principles. Your key duties will include:
- Arrears management, from initial point of contact through to required resolution
- Contacting customers via various means including calls, emails and letters
- Responding as appropriate to all incoming client contact in accordance with the firm's standards
- Bookkeeping, bank reconciliations and direct debiting
- Working collaboratively with clients and colleagues to facilitate a solution to repayment issues
- Ensuring absolute best practice and documenting all processes throughout work undertaken
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours a week between Monday and Friday
The successful candidate:
You will ideally have a baseline level of knowledge in either a credit control or finance administration capacity. You will ideally have studied CICM or AAT and have an understanding of basic bookkeeping principles. You must have an excellent telephone manner and strong written communication skills.
What's on offer:
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension
- Salary sacrifice scheme to purchase additional holiday and/or pension contributions
- Group life scheme
- Permanent health insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Staff awards scheme
- Bonus structure for introducing new business
- Social events calendar which includes a firm-wide summer party, Christmas meals/parties, regular sporting fixtures, theatre trips, quiz nights and charity fundraising events
Please note you DO NOT have to have previous practice experience to be considered for this post.