A stand-out, fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager with Life Science / Pharmaceutical experience to join a world-class, scientific solutions focused business.
This is a remote position that will include significant international travel, offering an extremely competitive basic salary, commission and excellent benefits.
Primarily you will contribute to the delivery of the commercial strategy, revenue growth, new business and relationship management.
In this broad role, the Business Development Manager will have a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Strategy - support and contribute to the delivery of strategies within operations, sales and marketing.
- New Business Development - you'll be seeking new business opportunities, developing relationships and winning new clients in target regions and service areas. This will cover research, proposing and participating in networking events, carrying out prospecting campaigns, developing and delivering client specific presentations and arranging sales trips.
- Existing Account Management - nurture relationships with existing clients, ensuring communication channels are in place to best support the relationship, leading in managing new enquiries and should any difficulties arise acting as a mediator to ensure these are resolved quickly and positively.
- Managing commercial processes - leading all commercial activities and processes required to maximise business opportunities with new potential and existing clients.
You will be responsible and accountable for the growth and strategic development within your area of the business, sales orders performance and achieving of individual and team targets. This will include new business won, marketing initiatives completed successfully and managing the key account relationships.
Due to the industry sector, we're looking to hear from candidates who have the following experience:
- Good understanding of the life science industry and in particular the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of bioanalytical science and or analytical chemistry
- Relevant commercial experience gained in technical sales or client relationship management, ideally within a CRO environment
- Basic understanding of contract law
- Understanding of GLP/GCP and how it applies to contractual processes in particular
- Graduate level in relevant science discipline is essential
- Post-graduate scientific qualification and business qualification such as MBA is desirable
Being a strong relationship builder, who has experience of maximising opportunities along with being an effective negotiator, is important.
With excellent development opportunities and earning potential, this is a unique opportunity which combines travel and remote working.
Remote (with significant international travel)
Monday-Friday - Full time
Very competitive salary on offer + commission
25 days annual leave, Dental Insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan, Life Assurance, Pension, Travel Insurance and more.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.