The Business Improvement Manager - Fintech will be responsible for executing projects focused on driving operational efficiencies across this Fintech organisation. As part of the execution of such projects, you will be performing thorough in-depth data analysis to identify issues, problems and/or areas of weaknesses. Projects will be measured by their efficiency gains and ROI.
This fast growth Fintech is continually winning various clients due to the successes of their product. They have a fantastic environment if you're looking to progress your career with the right support but still be challenged.
The role of the Business Improvement Manager will work cross functionally so will touch on all areas of the business.
As the Business Improvement Manager / Business Optimisation Manager you will be responsible for:
- Executing cross-functional projects focused on driving operational efficiencies
- Working closely with Operations, Technology and Product teams (stakeholders) as part of the project lifecycle.
- Execute cross-functional projects focused on driving business efficiencies, process improvements/simplification/automation
- Challenge existing processes by performing as-is assessments and suggest areas oftangible improvements
- Perform on-going root cause analysis of issues and incidents to help the business decisions and solutions
- Own and champion existing business metrics and business processes, actively use them to drive efficiencies across the business
- Strong project management skills through the full projectlife cycle
- Build close working relationships with all stakeholders to better understand their pain points, technical automation opportunities, and efficiency blockers
- Champion, influence and encourage a continuous improvement culture across the business
The successful Business Improvement Manager will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent understanding / working experience of SaaS software technology operations
- Proven skillset to manage complex projects
- Ability to execute business improvement projects and drive operational excellence
- Ability to work with, influence and help people across the organisation as part of project life cycle
- Analytical with strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage own time alongside a diverse portfolio of projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills able to motivate and influence people across the business while working effectively in a matrix environment
- Master's degree in Business Management
- Process Improvement/Efficiency Qualifications (e.g. Six Sigma, LEAN, etc.)
Business Improvement Manager - Fintech / Business Opmitisation Manager
£60,000 - £85,000 + Excellent benefits