Exciting opportunity to work in the Buying Team of a growing business based near Ely. Full training will be provided for this position, but prior experience in Buying or Procurement and working with an MRP system would be a strong advantage. This role has a particular focus on maintaining data quality. You will be supporting the business through the completion of various duties that are related to purchasing providing an opportunity to develop within the Company very quickly.
- Processing and sending purchase orders to suppliers
- Following up orders and providing regular status updates for delivery schedules
- Researching into potential suppliers
- Monitoring stock allocations/ levels and reporting low stock to ensure that production requirements can be met
-Liaising with suppliers to ensure that lead times are met
-Negotiating competitive prices with suppliers and identifying new alternative suppliers
- Answering incoming calls from suppliers
- Dealing with all enquiries within a timely manner
- Responding to a busy inbox
- Ensuring that ethical and sustainable solutions are adopted
- Remaining up to date with environmental and regulatory requirements
- Checking recent market trends and product availability
- Processing shipping related documentation to ensure that transactions are recorded on a timely basis.
-Supporting the Buying team with any other administrative duty that may be required