My client are seeking a highly motivated and proactive Continuous Improvement Manager to join their 3PL operation in Birmingham. The role will oversee operational excellence from goods in to the final delivery to customers.
My client are an international 3PL, collaborating with its customers to deliver tailored logistics services, with in excess of 100 sites internationally.
The key responsibilities for the role of Continuous Improvement Manager in Birmingham will be:
- Lead and support Continuous Improvement initiatives on site, including work studies to examine work systems, develop standards, and improve existing systems.
- Apply Lean Standards on a daily basis in assignments and analysis, such as value stream mapping, process FMEA's, control plans, line balancing, PFEP.
- Provide feedback for functional layouts that minimise space and material transit distance, allowing for flexibility in expansion.
- Analyse and/or enhance work systems using simulation software.
- Develop and update existing headcount analysis tools to assess the impact of changes on business and generate summary reports for operations and business process improvement initiatives.
- Measure standard time to proactively challenge and support the reductions in standard time while striving to eliminate waste.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for capacity, process improvement tasks, and standard time inquiries.
- Collaborate with Operations and all other on-site teams to develop and implement solutions that meet business requirements.
- Manage the engineering function for assigned projects and activities, including the engineering budget, processes, equipment, work standards, and facilities.
- Provide recommendations and decisions to improve the purchase of equipment.
The successful candidate for the role of Continuous Improvement Manager in Birmingham will have:
- Experience in solutions design within a logistics/warehousing/manufacturing facility environment.
- Experience in supporting warehousing contracts with engineering expertise.
- Experience in packaging and/or innovation.
- Highly developed computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, or equivalent, and Project Management software are required.
- Knowledge of Excel should include pivot tables and familiarity with common formulas.
- A relevant degree or qualification such as LEAN Management or Six Sigma etc.
The successful candidate for the role of Continuous Improvement Manager in Birmingham will receive:
- A salary of up to £50,000 DOE.
- A Monday to Friday working schedule, 40 hours.
- Amazing progression opportunities.
- A high level of autonomy in the role, with room to implement the necessary improvements
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.