EA First are very excited to be working with an amazing forward-thinking Cambridge Start-up, this organisation is looking for a CORPORATE RISK ANALYST (CLIMATE TRANSITION RISKS) to join the Climate Risk team that develops models to assess how companies will be impacted by climate-related risks.
This organisation is working with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide quantitative analytics to improve business knowledge of risk and support calculated decisions to alleviate risks and manage business model change.
The role focuses on the estimation of impacts to the finances and operations of businesses and interpreting social and physical climate science for business applications. This includes:
- Development of innovative models that assess how companies of different characteristics (size, sector, activity) are likely to be impacted by various aspects of climate change transition risks (policy, liability, market, technology, reputation) and physical risks.
- Present results of analytics and models to clients and explain the insights they provide to support the management decisions they are making.
- Work with senior managers at client companies to understand the key decisions that our analytics can support and inform and interpret their needs into modelling specification for development.
- Assist in product development and enhance our capabilities around climate risk.
- Pre-sales technical presentations about our modelling and their applications to prospective corporate clients.
It is Essential to have the following skills:
- Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) in relevant subject (Natural sciences, engineering, maths, economics, finance, policy, etc.).
- Research experience and an ability to source information and organize and interpret datasets.
- Strong ability in modelling languages (Python preferred but other languages may include, R, MatLab, SQL, C++).
- Ability to effectively communicate insights and analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and deadlines and to work independently in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent goals and work across a diverse team of scientists and engineers.
Desirable skills include:
- Relevant experience in model development (e.g. natural catastrophe modelling, corporate financial valuation, macroeconomic modelling).
- An interest in business risk and management science.
- Experience working with corporate risk functions, either in house or as a consultant.
- Peer-reviewed scientific publications in areas related to climate change.
- Experience communicating complex scientific and risk modelling concepts to external stakeholders (in a commercial setting).
- Postdoctoral research experience.
- Experience in quantitative corporate finance, environmental or social sciences, or natural catastrophe modelling
- Skills in working with GIS systems and/or programmatic GIS such as GeoPy or Spatial SQL.
- Dashboard development and data visualisation.
You must have full permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction, or sponsorship.
If you are interested in hearing more about the role and organisation, then please apply or call Damian Bicknell on 01223298159