Delighted to be working with a global organisation who are leading the way in their industry. They are a leading B2B business with an exciting platform that allows their partners access to the latest technologies.
Their Technology department is at the heart of what they do ensuring they are constantly staying dynamic and working in an exciting environment.
As the VP of Technology / CTO, you will own the the technical direction and lead a talented, fast-growing team. You will set the vision of how technology will be used and lead the strategy for the various platforms this organisation has.
You will need to lead and shape how the business works to achieve their goal of operation excellence and will also be the visionary and driver of the technology strategy. In this role there are still very much hands-on elements, supporting and mentoring others.
You will be comfortable working within a creative development environment on a wide variety of exciting products and features. Adapting to constantly evolving and a rapidly expanding market, you will need to look ahead and pro-actively evolve the platform and architecture to deliver long-term technical solutions.
Description Of Job Responsibilities
- Set the vision of how technology will be used and lead the strategy for the platforms
- Shape the way the business works to achieve their goals
- Represent the technology agenda across all levels of management
- Identify, compare, choose and implement technology solutions to meet current and future technology needs of the business
- Review and revise product requirements and specifications from the tech point of view
- Set the direction and oversee all system design, enhancement and changes to system architecture
- Work with the Dev Teams, managers, business owners, and external customers to implement new projects and functionality in a fast-paced agile environment
- Work with the Architects to make architectural decisions
- Identify root cause of incidents to improve operational efficiency and deliver sustainable solutions
- Work with the Operations Team to ensure all delivered software is supported has appropriate monitoring and operational handover
- Provide guidance and mentoring to Team Leads to encourage work productivity
- 5+ years of people leadership experience, with experience of managing large teams
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline is desirable
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable liaising with clients and internal stakeholders to gather requirements and to demo products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strategic thinker with strong presentations skills