Partnered with a Logistics/Supply Chain focussed organisation based in central Southmpton, EA First are looking for experienced Data Governance Manager to lead the Governance function across the group.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven and proactive Data Governance Manager to lead and manage a group-wide data governance programme.
The role focuses on developing, managing and ensuring adherence to a data governance framework of policies, standards and practices in order to achieve, monitor and maintain levels of data integrity and quality which foster trust in the group's data and ensure that data continually fulfil business needs and create benefits for the organisation.
The Data Governance Manager will serve as a point of escalation for data governance issues and work closely with data stewards and data custodians to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory requirements as well as support the strategic requirements of the group.
This role will report to the Head of Corporate Governance and will work alongside a talented and friendly team of specialists in information compliance, records management, information security and internal audit.
Key responsibilities of this Data Governance Manager role include -
* Developing a data governance strategy and roadmap and leading its implementation.
* Building and maintaining a robust data governance framework of policies, standards, principles, metrics and processes to improve data quality and integrity by modifying organisational behaviour.
* Ensuring accountability for core data assets through clear definition of roles and responsibilities, supporting designated data stewards and data custodians to fulfil their responsibilities.
* Curating the group's core data assets through development and ongoing management of tools such as data catalogues, asset registers, record of processing activities and data dictionaries.
* Facilitating the ongoing development, training, implementation and adoption of data quality standards/metrics.
* Ensuring that data quality issues are logged, tracked and remedied in a timely and effective manner.
* Working collaboratively with and influencing stakeholders across the group to ensure data-related requirements for accessing, storing and using data are clearly defined, communicated, understood and applied.
* Working in partnership with colleagues from areas that crossover directly with data governance, e.g. records management, data protection, information security, data analytics, IT architecture etc.