Are you passionate about supporting the UK's delivery of "net zero"?
Would you like to join an agile, growing business, that is creating a legacy of renewable energy projects that will reduce the UK's reliance on energy imports?
If you have experience of managing a project's early design and planning stages which are necessary to develop a greenfield site into a viable project that is ready to build, we'd love to hear from you!
The successful applicant will be undertaking project development activities for both new renewable energy projects, as well as major expansions of existing plants.
We're looking for someone with great development and planning experience, coupled with your proven ability to co-ordinate and lead a wide range of stakeholders, consultants and specialists. These will include planners, designers, engineers and legal experts. You'll have the responsibility of navigating each project to full planning approval, packaged up and ready to go out to competitive tender for delivery.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have project management methodology experience, familiarity with CDM (2015) regulations and will have led projects in the early pre-construction phase of design/development.
- Lead the project development, design and planning activity from initial concept through to approval of full planning application
- Conduct thorough analysis and evaluation of project requirements
- Create the Project Brief and Business Case
- Prepare and present detailed project proposals, including schedules, budgets and methodologies
- Develop accurate and comprehensive cost estimates for development and planning phase
- Appoint and manage all planning, design and technical consultants and co-ordinate all activities to conduct site assessments considering planning policy environmental factors and regulatory requirements
- Ensure all Local Authority Planning, EA permit and tariff subsidy applications are submitted in line with the agreed programme
- Provide technical support and guidance to the project team throughout the preconstruction and development phase
- Ensure all agreements are properly executed for land, access, wayleaves and easements
- Present a structured and comprehensive pack of information and documentation to the Project Delivery team when Planning approval is granted
Knowledge, skills and experience which are required for this role include:
- APM, PMQ, PRINCE2 or equivalent qualifications would be useful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for report writing and presentations.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, at different stages
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with environmental law and regulations.
- IT literate in Microsoft office suite
The office is based near Ely with hybrid working available
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.