We are currently supporting a Not-for-Profit organisation in Staffordshire to recruit a Director of Compliance. This role is offering an attractive salary, local government pension scheme, 33 days annual leave and hybrid working.
As one of the largest providers of affordable care, employing almost 1,000 people, our Staffordshire client offers rewarding roles with excellent training and career development pathways delivering services that customers can trust.
As Director of Compliance, you have full autonomy for the strategic and operational direction of the organisation's response to its statutory and regulatory compliance obligations in the management and maintenance of its assets and services. Working closely with the Head of Compliance and Building Safety, you will also have significant input into the delivery of the Group's response to the building safety agenda and Fire Safety Bill. You will also:
- Lead on the delivery of the compliance programme including gas servicing and installs, periodic electrical testing, water management, fire management, lift management, asbestos control and DSEAR.
- Closely liaise with the Director of Asset Management on the delivery of the planned maintenance, to ensure the team are working in line with statutory, regulatory, and legal expectations.
- Be at the forefront of industry change and keep implement changes in line with legislation.
- Ensure all services are delivered in accordance with the companies Health and Safety policies and procedures and that all compliance obligations are met.
- Work as part of the Senior Leadership Team informing the development of corporate strategy and business decisions.
- Inform the development of the business planning processes, ensuring that the strategic aims of the service are considered and supported in the development of the business objectives.
- Prepare and present relevant reports to the Board providing professional advice and accurate and timely financial information.
- Ensure the formulation and effective delivery of a robust net zero carbon strategy across the business
- Deputise for the Executive Director as required.
Director of Compliance:
- Educated to degree level with a relevant professional level qualification or equivalent experience and training (e.g., CIOB (Chartered Institute of Builders), RICS (Royal Institute for Chartered Surveyors), CIHCM Chartered Institute of Housing Chartered Membership).
- Relevant and appropriate compliance specific training e.g., Asbestos - P modules or UKATA (UK Asbestos Training Association), Legionella - City and guilds or P901, Gas - Vocational Recognised Qualification level 4 IOSH (Institute of Safety & Health) Managing Safely.
- Proven track record of delivering effective and efficient operations and services in a high-volume, customer focused day to day repairs service including planned maintenance, gas servicing, periodic electrical testing, water management, lift management and asbestos control.
- Well-developed finance and budget management skills.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements.
- Skilled strategic and analytical thinking; ability to make critical decisions.
- Communicates regularly, effectively and openly at all levels.
- Inspirational leadership skills with proven ability to manage, develop and motivate others.
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to your own car.
£100,000 per annum.
Hybrid working, typically 2-3 days a week in the office.
Free parking at their Staffordshire site.
Local Government Pension Scheme.
33 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
Career progression within a sector-leading business.
A comprehensive induction programme and excellent learning opportunities; with mandatory and specialist training available.
Access to a dedicated Employee Health care Portal.
Eye care vouchers.
Cycle to work scheme.
Free annual flu vaccinations.
Long service and retirement awards.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.