Financial Controller role with a well-regarded organisation. This role will be hybrid.
EA First are partnering exclusively with a software organisation, for a Divisional Financial Controller, who will work closely with the CEO and COO who are based in London.
This organisation boasts strong growth to date with a presence across Europe and with employees based around the world!
This is a $20 million divisional business unit.
You will be responsible for leading the finance team of the division. You will be part of the executive management team, working closely with the CEO, COO and CSO, as well as the group management team in the UK.
- As Divisional Financial Controller, you will be responsible for all financial matters and to establish company-wide financial objectives, targets, developing budgets, and performing financial analysis, which will ensure the company has a continuously sound financial structure.
- You will lead the shared service centre overseas, managing an expanding finance team that currently consists of 7 people. The group have ambitious growth plans and the finance team will play a key role in supporting the wider group achieve those objectives.
- There will be the occasional overseas travel (within Europe) to visit some team members.
- Responsible for all financial reporting functions (actuals and budgets/reforecasts) including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow projections etc for the division.
- Responsible for the integrity of all financial information including consolidations, management reporting (e.g. - KPI dashboards), board and group reporting submissions to the plc listed group finance team.
- Provide strategic financial support to the division and guidance to the business unit budget controllers of the division.
- Provide executive management with high-quality financial information, summarizing budget trends, analysing deficiencies and reporting variances to guide effective policy making and financial strategy.
- Translate divisional strategy and strategic issues into appropriate financial and operational processes, policies and procedures.
- Analyse, redesign and recommend improvements to finance processes and systems by leveraging technology.
- Under guidance of the Group Finance team, model the financial impacts of the divisional strategies and advise on the appropriate course of action from a financial point of view.
- Ultimate responsibility for all financial, tax and statutory compliance obligations such as external audits (local statutory and group reporting opinions), and corporation tax returns.
- Managing and developing the finance team to ensure they have clear performance objectives and career paths in the business.
- Fully qualified ACA / ACCA or internationally recognizable equivalent, with 7-10 years PQE.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably within a share serviced centre with an international environment.
- Experience of reporting to a group plc / corporate HQ desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of IFRS and an understanding of certain local GAAP requirements - the latter is desirable but not essential.
- Technically competent accountant.
- Strong excel and business modelling skills.
- Proactive approach and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a group.
Highly competitive salary and benefits package
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.