We are looking for a skilled Embedded Software engineer to join a world leading organisation that specialise in the design and development of Narrowband RF mesh networks that enable Omni Internet of Things (IoT) communications.
This Cambridge base company has a wealth of expertise and experience in smart technology, the organisation provides customers with wireless communication technology for smart metering, lighting and the Internet of Things.
They are a growing business with products established across the world.
* Take technical ownership of electricity meter protocol development and integration to data concentrator and hand held reading tools.
* To work with Software Team Leader to design, develop and deliver high quality, scalable, robust, maintainable and secure embedded system products, primarily in 'C'. Experience and skills required:
Essential Skills and Experience
* Experience of using embedded C in systems with limited resources.
* Wide knowledge and practice of data structures and algorithms
* Experience and knowledge of unit and functional testing and advocate of test driven development
* Practised user of configuration management tools.
Desirable Skill and Experience
* Knowledge of electricity metering protocols such as DLMS Version 1.0 CyanConnode Confidential Page 2 of 2
* Experience of "Internet of Things" and Smart Cities
* Experience and knowledge of design methodologies; waterfall, agile, scrum
* Ability to interface with other companies and staff on a technical basis
* Knowledge and experience of Python programming language Experience and knowledge of common protocols and protocol design experience
* Experience of ISM band radio / ZigBee / IEEE 802.15.4
* Experience of MSP430, H8, 8051, PIC, 68HC12, Cortex M0/M3 Personal
The company is offering a salary of up to 65K depending on experience along with a range of benefits including,Private Medical Insurance (currently BUPA) and Share Options.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.