We are delighted to be exclusively partnering with Metador in Middlesbrough to recruit a Finance Assistant. This role is paying £25,000 - £28,000 per annum.
Metador is one of the UK's leading brands of high-performance hinged steel doorsets, serving hundreds of loyal door installation companies with a broad offering of products designed to meet the most demanding operating environments. For over 19 years, they have helped their customers grow by developing market-leading products and standing behind their quality promise.
Much more than a door company - they are a leader in providing business solutions and growth opportunities to their loyal customers. As one of the fastest growing door companies in the UK, they have a mission to provide best-in-class service to their customers, from on-boarding to after-sales support. They are a dynamic, entrepreneurial organisation that offers exciting growth opportunities for talented professionals searching for a new challenge.
- Invoice processing.
- Create and update spreadsheets of daily transactions.
- Identify and address account discrepancies.
- Purchase ledger - checking invoices against purchase orders.
- Liaising with suppliers and customers to resolve queries.
- Assisting with telephone queries.
- Providing further ad hoc administrative support to the finance team when necessary.
- Day to day running of the designated accounts inbox.
- Collating, documenting & reviewing finance department task processes & in turn identifying areas that could be streamlined.
Who You Are:
You are ready for a bold and energising career move, where you will be awarded the latitude and the opportunity to work in a dynamic business with strategic growth plans reporting directly to the Finance Director.
You are driven by the need for change, and undeterred by early failures. You are a collaborator and learner, and you will dive into their existing workflow, customer dynamics and team culture - to understand Metador's brand and company DNA. You believe that progress comes from thinking big and working hard to achieve an audacious goal. You show up as your authentic self to work, taking on new challenges with purpose and enthusiasm. You recognise yourself in their motto: "Made of stronger stuff".
What You Will Build:
- You will work and collaborate in the Metador finance team to help achieve the vision and strategic business growth plan, focusing on a streamlined and methodical plan to deliver on Metador's brand promise more efficiently.
- You will deliver results for their Directors and Shareholders by actively engaging with them to understand their overall needs, including product and sales growth.
- You have operated in an accountancy role in a B2B environment.
- You maintain excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have an analytical mindset, and can use data to produce insights and drive action.
- You demonstrate strong time management and organisational skills.
- You insist on a customer-centric attitude across all activities.
- You have a proven attention to detail and confidence in decision-making abilities.
- You have an exceptional ability to communicate and foster positive business relationships.
- You can work under pressure and adapt to change.
- You consistently display a positive attitude and high level of enthusiasm.
- You are willing to continuously reinvent and reflect on both systems and yourself.
- You can demonstrate continuous improvement in all key performance indicators.
- You will possess a can-do attitude.
Education and Skills:
- AAT Accounting level 2 or above. Please note, this is desirable, qualified by experience will also be considered.
- Historic experience working within a Finance setting.
- Good excel skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willing and eager to learn new skills.
What's on Offer:
- £25,000 - £28,000.
- 21 days annual leave, plus public holidays.
- Annual leave increase by 1 day with every year's service, up to a maximum of 25 days.
- CPD & study support package for the right candidate.
- Free parking.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.