The Finance Business Partner will lead and provide an internal support service to the financial planning and monitoring activities for a growing team. You will be a valued financial advisor in this highly exciting role, where each day is different allowing you to use a variety of skills.
EA First have partnered with a leading Educational Charity that is dedicating to help fight inequality and promoting social justice by making education available to everyone.
The Finance Business Partner will be part of a wider Financial Planning and Analysis team. A key part of your role will be to understand, encourage and advise regions on strong strategic financial planning.
Key components to the role include:
- Providing a professional business partnering and support service to internal stakeholders.
- Leading on financial planning and monitoring activities for designated business units.
- You will be part of a wider Financial Planning and Analysis team and have a detailed understanding of the strategic financial plan of the organisation. You will have the ability to communicate and lead on the implementation of this across your designated business units. You will recognise and report risk at an appropriate level and encourage and develop meaningful and timely reporting that highlights key issues.
- You will ensure accounting functions are undertaken to a high standard and provide the financial analysis required to support meaningful strategic decision-making within your regions.
- You will lead on financial planning within your regions, ensuring budgets and forecasts are set and monitored, investigating and contextualising variances, developing meaningful reporting that is easily communicated and providing support and advice to regional management teams.
- You will analyse and interpret results and trends to drive through an understanding of revenue and cost drivers to ensure insightful and informed financial decision making, escalating risk and communicating issues with the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis, Finance Director and wider finance team.
The ideal Finance Business Partner will be a qualified Accountant that has experience working with Not-For-Profits or Charities. You will have an excellent understanding of management accounting, budget setting, financial reporting, and forecasting.
Other key skills:
- Experience of providing high quality finance business partnering support to business units or services, including senior stakeholder engagement.
- Ability to interpret data strategically and affect decision making through excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Evidence of the ability to build successful relationships and promote excellent team working practices both externally and internally and at all levels of an organisation.
- An ability to understand the business complexities and technical matters in a business area, and to provide a clear financial and commercial perspective.
- Evidence of effectively initiating and implementing process change.
- Be highly proficient with the Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
On offer is up to £42k depending on experience + a great benefits package including 30 days annual leave!
Remote or flexible working in on offer with a great opportunity to progress within the company quickly.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.