This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and highly motivated finance professional to join a dynamic organisation at a key stage in its growth. This is a full-time role reporting to the Head of Finance, and will provide an opportunity to develop their career, with an opportunity to play a key part in its growth and success. Alongside the key tasks and responsibilities, the role is likely to include exposure to fundraising, M&A, licensing agreements, and ultimately IPO.
A rapidly growing, PE backed biotech business with a very clear scale up strategy.
Based at the Cambridge headquarters and reporting to the Head of Finance:
- Financial Planning & Forecasting
- Detailed annual budget and quarterly forecasts (Balance Sheet, P&L, cash flow and supporting schedules)
- Analyse business performance by reference to programme milestones
- Working closely with the R&D programme directors to ensure a thorough understanding of project milestones, cost profiles, committed costs and cash flows
- Understand impact and timelines of R&D tax credits for projects
- Assist in development and production of fundraising models and materials
- Work with R&D team to integrate milestone, scenario and financial data into presentations which can be easily reproduced
- Scenario modelling and what if analysis
- Create building blocks and generic plans with R&D to reduce burden on program directors for longer term forecasting
- Contributing towards the monthly and quarterly reporting packs, working with the controlling team to ensure accuracy of coding and consistency with forecasting information
- Lead the implementation and ongoing development of Planful and other relevant systems and processes
- Develop system-based reporting, both tabular, narrative, and graphical, to tell the story of the business, ensuring easy to replicate and scale
- Be a change advocate for the business, assisting with training and implementing best practice
- Ensure the systems are scalable and able to be decentralised/IPO ready
- Work with the R&D and finance team to integrate different data sources from MS project, business central into our financial planning system
- Ownership of corporate deadlines and deliverables, co-ordinating production of materials and management of deadlines
- Assist with the financial evaluation of acquisition targets.
- At least 2 years' post qualification experience in all or a majority of the functions above is required - ideally within a Biotech or Pharma organisation.
- Beneficial if the applicant understands the stages of drug development through relevant work experience.
- Relevant accountancy qualification is required (FCMA/ACMA/FCA/ACA/ACCA).
- Intermediate to advanced, excel, PowerPoint and word skills to produce detailed models and summarised materials for Board and investors.
- Ability to work in a team with excellent communication skills a must.
- Prior experience of Planful or similar FP&A systems is beneficial.
Competitive salary and package (including share options)
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.