We are delighted to be exclusively partnering with Oak Trees Multi Academy Trust to recruit a Finance Business Partner. This is a brand-new role for the Trust on the Wirral, which has been created due to rapid growth of the organisation. This opportunity is offering £50,512 - £53,204, inclusive of a generous holiday allowance and Local Government Pension Scheme.
Oak Trees Multi Academy Trust (MAT) was formed on 1st June 2017. They currently have 9 Schools within the MAT, all of which are Wirral based. The Trust was set up to provide the best possible education experience for all pupils and enable the schools to keep their uniqueness and individuality. Oak Trees staff are the most valuable resource they have to improve the outcomes of children, they also recognise the importance parents and carers play in the education of their children. Each school is responsible for their own budget.
What Makes Oak Trees MAT Unique?
- Their values - Respect, Collaboration, Inspiration.
- Each Trust school maintains its uniqueness.
- They work together for the benefit of their families and staff.
- They focus on best practice, high quality training and challenge to inspire staff and pupils.
- High quality CPD - they work with national and international educationalists including Mary Myatt, Tom Sherrington, Ross McGill and the ADHD Foundation.
- Staff well-being and workload is a priority.
- SEND support - they have their own Educational Psychologist, ADHD Foundation SLA, SEND Lead, SEND finance and pedagogy trainers and Speech and Language Service Level Agreement.
- Performance in 2022 was the best since the Trust was formed - 6% above national across the MAT in 2022.
The key purpose of the Finance Business Partner role is to provide high quality financial support, advice and guidance to the Trust and managers commensurate with the accountabilities of the career grade level for the post. With a number of schools joining the Trust over the next 6-12 month, this person will play a pivotable role supporting the schools through the conversion process to academy status. Key responsibilities also include:
- Assisting with the Annual budget setting and five years financial plans.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and commentary.
- Provision of high-quality monthly management information to support effective decision making.
- Monitoring of cash flow and bank accounts.
- Assisting with the preparation of year end accounts and the external audit.
- Support the preparation of the Financial returns, including Education Funding Agency returns.
- Assisting with the preparation of the VAT returns.
- Financial transaction processing.
- Financial systems maintenance and development.
- Assisting with the Academy conversion process.
- You will build key relationships with the Chief Finance Officer, Financial Controller, Senior Leadership and Business Managers within each of the schools.
- Providing training, guidance and support to the School Business Managers in each of the Schools.
Finance Business Partner:
- A fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, AGMA/CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent) is desirable, however part qualified or qualified by experience will be considered.
- Ability to evidence and provide working examples of producing monthly management accounts and preparing the annual budget.
- Using and developing financial systems, inputting journals, and carrying out control account reconciliations.
- Previous knowledge inputting into the financial year end process.
- Experience of inputting into and completing VAT returns.
- Ideally you will have produced financial reports.
- It would be advantageous if you have used IRIS (PS) Financial previously.
- Good MS Excel skills (comfortable using pivot tables, v-lookups, understanding formulae).
- High ethical standards and influencing skills with the ability to engage effectively with all staff across the Trust.
- A desirable would be an accountant that has worked within the education sector previously and has engaged with Business Managers and wider Senior Leadership Team within a School setting.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Able to lead discussions in key meetings and challenging others where required.
- Work reliably under pressure to produce timely, accurate information.
- It is critical you are prepared to work on-site and visit the schools within your responsibility on a regular basis.
£50,512 - £53,204 per annum.
27 days annual leave, rising to 32 days on length of service.
Local Government Pension Scheme (20.8% employer contribution).
A career in an organisation that values individuality and diversity.
Access to Occupational Health and 24/7 access to a free Employee Assistance Programme.
Regular well-being events across all schools to promote staff well-being and celebrate success.
Access to private medical plans via Medicash and Childcare vouchers.
Free tea and coffee at each academy for all staff.
Reduced cost staff lunches.
Free parking at each of the Wirral Schools.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.