Finance background but wanting to develop sills in Data Management? This is a great opportunity to bridge the two worlds. You will be working in one of Cambridge leading employers in a team which is critical for the finance function to succeed.
Rapidly expanding software organisation based in Cambridge. You will be part of a small but close team ensuring the integrity of Data within Finance Data Warehousing.
As a member of the Business Finance Data team, you will be responsible for supporting the Business Finance Data Manager to ensure the accuracy and consistency of actual Finance data. The actuals are collected from several source systems into the Finance Data Warehouse (FDW) which is then used by downstream reporting systems. Data transformation and reconciliation are 2 key components of this role as is the participation in the wider end-to-end Campaign to Cash (C2C) reporting process.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure the integrity of data within the Finance Data Warehousing encompassing the following activities
- Extract data from a legacy SAP system for upload into the Data Warehouse
- Maintain and publish mapping tables along with an audit trail
- Perform a monthly documented reconciliation of the Finance Data Warehouse against source systems
- Identify and resolve data movements and exceptions by creating dashboards
- Pro-actively review and resolve reconciling differences
- Assign security roles to users that are commensurate to user responsibilities
- End user support and training
- Creation of User and Process Documentation
- Establish close working relationships with Group FP&A, Group Finance, and IT SQL team to form a Corporate Reporting Forum.
- Participate in projects to expand the Data Warehouse assisting with discovery, design, testing, reconciliation, and deployment as directed
The role requires a keen focus on data quality, validation and reconciliation across data sets from multiple systems. Attention to detail and pro-active review of data is critical for this role, and previous experience with Oracle Fusion would be highly valued.
- Part qualified Accountant, or a proven track record of working with finance data
- Attention to detail with strong data analytical skills
- Self motivated with the confidence to contact users to resolve issues
- Expert user of MS Excel
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong English language skills, able to present data & functional information in a manner that is easy to understand
- A logical approach to problem solving.
£50,000 to £55,000 + bonus + benefits
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.