We are supporting a Not-for-Profit in Birmingham to recruit a Finance Director, this post is number one in Finance and will report into the CEO. Paying up to £68,000 per annum.
This Not-for-Profit is a c£15m t/o organisation based in the heart of Birmingham, walking distance from surrounding train, tram and bus stations.
- Leadership of a small finance team, responsible for training, development and recruitment.
- Developing the completion of group management accounts.
- Annual budget review and production, liaising with Executives and Budget Holders.
- Preparing the annual statutory accounts, in line with charity regulations (SORP).
- Managing the cash position, monitoring cash flow, investments, loan management and liaising with banks.
- Ensure the finance processes and systems are fit for purpose, implementing improvements where required.
- Prepare the financial narrative for funding applications.
- Production of the quarterly VAT return.
- Managing the tax relief claims and corporation tax returns.
- Presenting to board and trustee committee.
- Provide short, medium and long term financial planning on a rolling basis.
- Annual and regular updates of finance regulations and compliance.
- Adhering to the staff handbook and leading on health & safety for the organisation.
- It is essential you are CCAB or CGMA/CIMA qualified.
- Strategic thinker.
- Extensive post qualification experience.
- Strong knowledge of charity financial regulations and policies.
- Proven people management experience.
- VAT, partial exemption and corporation tax knowledge is crucial.
- It is essential you can produce statutory and management accounts.
- Knowledge of restricted and unrestricted funding.
- Previous experience working with central government organisations, filing appropriate annual returns.
- Experience of treasury management, dealing with banks, loans and investments.
£60,000 - £68,000
25 days, plus your birthday off, plus bank holidays
Discount parking scheme for Birmingham
Staff discount on food and drink with partnering businesses in Birmingham
24/7 GP Service
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.