As this life Sciences business prepares for it's next round of funding they need a Finance Manager to join their team. Recent growth means that the function will need to be improved so new processes will be needed to be developed and and software put in place. This means that you will be exposed to much in a short period of time enabling you to quickly gain new skills and speed up you career progression.
This is a successful Life Sciences business based in Cambridgeshire that has recently launched its first product on the the market and is moving in to a new phase in its evolution. This means the finance department requires a Finance Manager who can identify and implement process improvement, support the management team with accurate reporting and help prepare the business for it's next round of fundraising.
As Finance Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the end-to-end finance operations , balance sheet reconciliations, looking to make improvements to processes and controls and ad hoc projects. You will contribute to the decision making process and ensure business growth and long term success.
- Driving the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
- Leading the order-to-cash process and the analysis of monthly and quarterly results and preparing reports for presentation to the board.
- Working with the wider Finance, Ops and Commercial teams to raise invoices and to establish a complete sales ledger/ credit control process.
- Take a key role in the evolution of the financial processes, increasing level of automation in processes and be a key driver in the implementation of ERP system.
- Creation of robust month end reconciliation schedules for key balance sheet accounts. Working with non-finance department leads to ensure information is captured and reported in a clear and concise manner
- Assistance with review of payment runs for UK Company and preparation of payment runs for US subsidiary company.
- Continually identify risks to delivery, propose solutions where necessary and effectively manage stakeholder expectations throughout.
- Documentation of key process cycles and creation of SOPs.
- Assistance with review of VAT and sales tax returns. Preparation of documentation to support P11D and other ad-hoc tax requirements.
- Involvement in year-end audit process, ensuring all requested documents are provided to external auditors in a timely manner and resolving audit queries as they arise.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Finance Professional CIMA, ACCA , ACA looking for an opportunity in an organisation going through a period of growth allowing them to really make a difference.
£60,000 to £70,000 plus bonus - hybrid working
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.