This is an exciting prospect to join a well-regarded organisation, and sit in their well-established finance function as the Financial Accountant. This is a opportunity to be part of many aspects of finance and build foundations for a strong finance career.
A well-regarded organisation who generally make a difference to people's lives.
As the Financial Accountant you will be responsible for the following:
- Working with senior finance colleagues to produce the year end statutory accounts for the group, association and any subsidiaries, in accordance with relevant reporting standards and statements of recommended practice
- Owning the fixed asset register ensuring that it is fully reconciled and complete.
- Owning the accounting processes and provide timely information
- Responsible for Tax including VAT quarterly returns
- Ensuring that all monthly balance sheet reconciliations are undertaken in a timely and accurate fashion
- Producing the monthly management accounts
- Ensuring controls are in place to support the production of the accounts
- Calculating financial KPI's and relevant benchmarking ratios
- Being a point of expertise in Financial Accounting matters
- Operating with transparency and ensure excellent record keeping for audit trail.
- Acting as a mentor to Assistant Accountants ensuring there are no single points of failure in the team.
- Ensuring regulatory returns are completed in a timely manner
- Helping to build an effective day to day relationships with External Auditors and Internal Auditors
- Part or qualified accountant/qualified by experience
- Have experience in producing a set of financial statements, ideally in a regulated sector. (preferable)
- Have experience of VAT submissions (preferable)
- Be methodical, organised, efficient and effective
- Have good knowledge of accounting policies.
- Possess attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Work unsupervised and to deadlines
Package on offer for the Financial Accountant:
- Competitive salary
- 27 days paid holiday plus all public holiday
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.