This is a newly created number one finance role within a £60m t/o construction business with a 5 year pipeline of projects in place. As Financial Controller you will ensure robust financial reporting and controls, provide quality insight and analysis to the management team and lead the finance team.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and managing all company accounting, accounts, processes, financial transactions, banking arrangements, cash flow, payroll and tax issues
- Working closely with management and executive teams to share reports and analysis findings, challenging thinking and influencing decisions
- Reviewing all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Preparing financial reports and analysis for Operations, Company Board and Summary reports for Group Board monthly identifying results, variations from budget, trends, and financial forecasts, incl. assisting GFD with reports and presentations as required
- Developing financial strategies, including risk register with minimisation plans and opportunity forecasting
- Ensuring accurate recording of specific insurance and statutory requirements
- Assist the GFD in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
- Co-ordinating all audit processes
The successful candidate will be a qualified finance professional with proven experience at FC or similar level in a construction company with a turnover of £60m to £120m with multiple projects running at any one time. . You can demonstrate experience of audit, performance monitoring, accuracy and fraud control and be able to identify problems before they arise.
£80-100k base + Benefits & Bonus