This key Financial Controller position will support the Finance Team in managing the control environment of the finance function ensuring regulatory and statutory compliance. This is a Hybrid role.
Regional mutual organisation offering a full range of Financial products that has a strong emphasis on its customers and the local community.
In this role you will take responsibility for Satutory reporting under UK GAAP (FRS 102), the External audit.
Financial accounting and control
- Timely and accurate recording of financial transactions for all group companies
- Monthly reconciliation of financial systems and ledger balances to provide timely and accurate monthly trial balance
- Ensuring compliance with Treasury policy. Breaches reported directly to the Chief Executive Officer
- Provide financial (specifically payments) support to Society's branch network and other departments
- Ensuring a strong control environment within the finance department
Statutory financial reporting
- Preparation of consolidated group and company monthly results for the management accounts
- Group and subsidiary Annual Report and accounts to audit standards, ensuring compliance with UK GAAP (FRS 102)
- Provide audit-quality support and analysis of significant management judgement areas and going concern
- Manage the external audit relationship
- Accurate and timely completion of specified regulatory returns
- Oversee regulatory reporting processes across the Society
- Ensure accurate and timely compliance with all tax reporting and filing obligations e.g. Corporation Tax returns, FATCA and Common Reporting Standard.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of reporting obligations
In this role we are looking for an effective people manager who can communicate effectively across all levels of an organisation. Ideally you will have operated in a regulated environment previously.
£85,000 plus car plus bonus
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.