With new and significant backing this start up software organisation is growing rapidly and now requires a Financial Controller to build the finance function and work closely with the MD. This is a stand alone finance role in an SME environment so it will be a very hands on role. Backing from a new parent, a strong order book together with the resources and access to new markets makes this a very exciting time to become part of the team.
Newly acquired and rapidly expanding software business which now has significant backing to take their product to new markets.
The Financial Controller will be the only Finance person in the organisation so this is a hands on top to bottom role. You will work closely with the MD to support the strategic growth with the business. It will be your responsibility to build a finance function putting in the controls and accurate reporting ensuring that both local management and the parent company have all the information to ensure continued growth.
- Maintain the integrity of the financial systems and records
- Implement and maintain accounting & reporting systems that deliver accurate & timely financial information. Recommend other appropriate systems to improve of quality of financial information
- Manage month-end close and produce accurate, timely monthly management accounts and reports including consolidated accounts
- Provide critical analysis of material variances against budget, highlighting main drivers of the variances and recommended course of action
- Ensure accurate accounting and reporting of projects including revenue recognition and WIP calculations
- Support Project Managers in understanding financial performance of their projects and forecast to project completion. Support evaluation of all material risks & opportunities
- Manage the cashflow of all entities highlighting potential concerns and recommend course of action
- Manage the Budget & Forecasts process and prepare budgets & forecasts for all entities and consolidated including capex
- Manage payroll, and timely submission of Tax & VAT returns and liabilities
- Manage preparation and delivery of statutory accounts and any internal or external audit requirements
- Manage, document and maintain all accounting polices & procedures including delegation of authority, capex approval
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis and suggestions for how costs can be better optimised to deliver quality support to the business in support of business strategy and operations
- Manage and support finance team to deliver best in class service. Mentor, coach finance staff and organise appropriate training where required
The successful candidate will be ACA, ACCA CIMA qualified with experience or running a Finance Department in an SME / start-up environment. You will have supported an MD in such an environment and be familiar with reporting in to a group.
£80,000 plus bonus and benefits
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.