- Global 3PL Provider
- Multi-User Facility / 300,000 sq. ft operation
- Opportunity to drive real change and transformation within a rapidly growing business.
EA First have exclusively partnered with a Global 3PL business in their search for a General Manager within their multi-user facility in Coventry. The business has experienced significant growth over the last 4 years and continue to attract blue-chip clients along the way.
Fantastic opportunity to join a business that is looking to embrace change and new technology as well as driving cultural transformation across the network.
- Report to the Sector Operations Director, you'll use your skills and experience as a General Manager to support the wider business to lead the operational team to ensure 'best in class' operational performance whilst supporting with the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead a management team of 5 x direct reports across warehousing, inventory, H&S and administration as well as an in-directs team of 250-300 ops.
- Providing leadership, motivation and career development to the site management team, ensuring that they achieve excellence on a day-to-day basis.
- Proactive in driving a continuous improvement culture; seeking out and driving improvement initiatives to ensure growth is managed successfully whilst maintaining challenging targets.
- Developing productive and effective relationships with key customer stakeholders to ensure we are able to deliver the customer's growth and longer term plans.
- Proactive in seeking out initiatives that ensure the contract supports the customer's business plan and supply chain strategy as well as the contract logistics strategy.
- Operating in an "Open Book" environment where decisions and performance
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- A minimum of 5+ years 3PL Contract Logistics experience at General Manager level.
- Previous contract logistics experience within Retail, FMCG, Pharma or Technology.
- Experience on managing budgets up to £5M - £10m pa.
- Experience of project managing and leading a start up operation would be a distinct advantage.
- You will be confident and able to build rapport, develop relationships with customers both internal and external.
- You will be able to recognise opportunities and synergies to enhance the relationship with the customer and be able to maintain and develop business growth opportunities.
- You must have the energy, determination and commitment to operate in an environment where regular customer contact and scrutiny is the norm and the highest level of customer service is non-negotiable.
- Have managed in excess of 250+ employees indirectly.
- You should be able to demonstrate skills in the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives using lean processes.
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications
- Experience of Six Sigma / Prince2 methodologies.
- Must be commutable to and from Coventry.
£70,000 - £75,000 + benefits
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.