- A very exciting opportunity for a Project Manager responsible for leading Projects and Programmes across a network of sites in Germany.
- If you are passionate about working at management level, taking ownership and leading business critical projects this would be perfect for you.
Our client is a global logistics business, who are succesfully growing across Germany.
They specialise in the design and operation of supply chain solutions for Technology, Consumer home products, health care, automotive and industrial and are looking for a project manager to join their team.
- Ensure projects are correctly scoped and defined, with clear objectives, appropriate work streams and activities.
- Manage projects to cost, quality and time, adhering to the project management methodology and implement the agreed framework and governance into each project
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment and hand off to support
- Coordinate internal work streams/resources and third-party vendors in line with defined project deliverables
- Apply problem solving skills to resolve any roadblocks that arise, escalating in a timely manner any issues that may affect delivery
- Create project plans in accordance with the required project activity and work streams, ensuring that project teams are resourced correctly
- Serving as primary liaison to internal/external stakeholders throughout a project life-cycle.
- Leading a cross-functional team on an international basis.
- The project manager will be responsible for managing key project KPI's (schedule, deliverables, and budget).
- Providing project status reports and identifying risks and issues impacting the project completion.
- Managing project budgets (CAPEX and Launch costs), and implementing actions to resolve cost overruns.
- Managing the project scope definition and sign-off, and leading the change management process thereafter.
- Presenting project status reports to senior executive level.
- There will be an expectation to travel both nationally and internationally
- You must be fluent in German.
- Experience in working on greenfield/brownfield projects.
- Experience of the logistics industry (ideally including business implementation projects, covering transport and warehousing operations)
- Experience of leading projects, new sites, new geography from project launch to handover of working operation to local business.
- Education to degree level or equivalent.
- Possession of a recognised project management qualification (PRINCE 2) would be advantageous.
- As a project manager you should have strong organisational/analytical skills and be able to translate ideas to action effectively.
- Negotiation and influencing skills whilst maintaining integrity are essential as you will be liaising with all levels of management and operations.
- Some experience in Engineering / Six Sigma would be an advantage.
€68,000 - €90,000 DOE.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.