Are you an experienced and dynamic leader in the field of freight forwarding passionate about driving growth and delivering exceptional customer service?
My client is looking for a highly skilled Global Freight Director to join their team in the UK and lead their international freight operations.
My client is a leading player in the global logistics industry, specialising in providing end-to-end freight forwarding solutions to businesses worldwide.
With offices across multiple countries, they have an established network and an exceptional reputation in the industry. As they continue to expand, they are looking for a talented professional to steer their global freight forwarding division towards continued success and manage key strategic initiatives.
As the Global Freight Director you will hold a pivotal role in driving strategy and managing the profit and loss (P&L) of the Global Forwarding division. You'll have a comprehensive understanding of multi-modal transport (Air, Sea, Road, Rail, Multimodal), adept team management skills, and a thorough grasp of HMRC regulations governing import and export activities.
- Develop and execute the strategic vision and growth plan for the global freight forwarding division, aligned with overall company goals.
- Lead the international freight operations, ensuring efficient processes, timely delivery, and cost-effective solutions for clients.
- Manage a team of multi-disciplinary professionals and provide coaching, mentoring, and guidance to drive performance and individual development.
- Monitor and analyse market trends, competitor activities, and customer feedback to identify new business opportunities and stay ahead of industry changes.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including partners, suppliers, and customers, to enhance collaboration and drive customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with international trade regulations and customs requirements, liaising with legal and compliance teams when required.
- Implement and maintain effective quality management systems, policies, and procedures to ensure operational excellence and adherence to best practices.
- Prepare and present regular reports on division performance, operational metrics, and financials to the executive team.
- Proven experience (minimum 10 years) in a senior management role within the global freight forwarding industry, with a track record of delivering growth and profitability.
- Strong knowledge of international trade, shipping regulations, and customs procedures.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire teams to achieve targets and exceed expectations.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data and market insights to drive informed business decisions.
- Strong financial acumen and experience in budget management.
- Proactive problem-solving skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field. Additional certifications such as CILT, CIPS, or similar are highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required.
£80,000 - £100,000
Company car or allowance
Hybrid role with extensive travel to London HQ.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.