I am working with an outstanding organisation that is looking to add to their already established IT Infrastructure team by recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Solutions Engineer. You will join an outstanding team of professionals in an organisation proven to put its people first. In this role you will support the organisation and their teams by delivering functional solutions, implementing new systems and be the subject matter expert on network routing and switching.
The organisation is using the following as the core technologies:
- HPE core data centre infrastructure
- Microsoft System Centre suite - management, ticketing, monitoring and automation
- Microsoft SQL
- VMware virtualisation
- Veeam Enterprise backup
- Cisco/Meraki LAN, Wi-Fi, WAN
The Infrastructure Solutions Engineer will support the technical team responsible for the design, development, documentation, building and validation of the core physical and virtual networking components which form the backbone of the organisations Platform. The detailed responsibilities of the team include:
- The design, development, building and validation of all systems
- Production systems stability and review of all levels of design artefacts.
- Working with Service Management to resolve issues and incidents.
- Willingness to undertake international travel on occasions
- Provide support level 3 to regional teams
- Mentor to regional engineers
- On-call one week in three
- 80% Project Delivery
- 20% BAU
Technologies 3rd line essential capability
- Be the Subject Matter Expert on network routing and switching
- Resolving escalated issues
- Able to define systems requirements with the support of business and IT
- Able to design solutions to fit business needs
- Able to adapt to multiple environments and systems including VMware, Microsoft
- Able to configure equipment, and troubleshoot complex environments
- Knowledge of routers, switches, Wi-Fi, SDWAN and firewalls.
- Cisco ISE Identity Services Engine, AAA Management Platform e.g. ISE
- Cisco catalyst, ASA, Firepower IPS/IDS, FMC & FTD Meraki
- All aspects of QOS (Traffic Shaping / Policing / Scheduling / Congestion Management and Avoidance).
- Working knowledge of Data Centre and Windows Server technologies
- Advantageous to have experience as an Infrastructure Architect
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) required
If you are an experienced engineer who has the desire to further their career in a fast paced, fun, and exciting organisation then please apply for further details.