I am working with an outstanding organisation that is looking to add to their already established IT Infrastructure team by recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Solutions Engineer. You will join an outstanding team of professionals in an organisation proven to put its people first. In this role you be expected to maintain a technical awareness of technologies and innovations whilst investigating their suitability for the organisations use.
The organisation is using the following as the core technologies:
- HPE core data centre infrastructure
- Microsoft System Centre suite - management, ticketing, monitoring and automation
- Microsoft SQL
- VMware virtualisation
- Veeam Enterprise backup
- Cisco/Meraki LAN, Wi-Fi, WAN
The Infrastructure Solutions Engineer will support the technical team responsible for the design, development, documentation, building and validation of the core physical and virtual networking components which form the backbone of the company Platform. The detailed responsibilities of the team include:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation for all systems in three aspects (1) Sys Admin internal department documentation (2) 1st/2nd line IT support documentation and operating procedures (3) End User procedures. This ensures systems are fully supportable by the infrastructure team, local IT teams are able to support them locally and end users understand how to use them.
- Responsible for following applicable change control policies - Full change request, pre-approved and emergency change seeking approvals as required by policy. In doing so protecting the stability of the environment at all times.
- Responsible for working within project and task management tools, taking ownership and completing tasks within set time frames. This is to ensure business priorities are managed as efficiently as possible within available resource
- The design, development, building and validation of all systems
- Production systems stability and review of all levels of design artefacts.
- Working with Service Management to resolve issues and incidents.
- Willingness to undertake international travel on occasions
- Provide support level 3 to regional teams
- Mentor to regional engineers
- On-call one week in three
- 80% Project Delivery
- 20% BAU
Technologies 3rd line essential capability
* Expert enterprise knowledge on Windows Server and Active Directo
* Advance knowledge on Microsoft SQL Server
* Advance knowledge of Microsoft 365Azure Technical Architect
* Knowledge of Exchange in a hybrid environment
* Demonstrate proficiency in PowerShell
* Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft System Center suite
* Have the ability to liaise with the Cyber Security leadership
* Able to define systems requirements with the support of business and IT
* Able to design solutions to fit business needs
* Able to configure equipment, and troubleshoot complex environments
* Working knowledge of networking technologies
* Have worked with IaaS
* Have the ability to manage relationship with external technology partner
* Advantageous to have experience as an Infrastructure Architect
The following accreditations would be an advantage
- Microsoft certification (MSCE) or equivalent required
- ITIL would be advantageous
- Microsoft 365 Certified - Enterprise Administrator - would be advantageous
- Microsoft Azure certified - Architect - would be advantageous
- VMware certification would be advantageous
If you are an experienced IT engineer who has the desire to further their career in a fast paced, fun, and exciting organisation then please apply for further details.