My client are a leading Distributor based in Worcester.
They are looking for a Group Transport Manager to take responsibility of running a best in class transport operation with a focus on looking at processes, systems and people.
Leading distributor in Worcester.
The key responsibilities for the Group Transport Manager include:
- Maintain roadworthy vehicles in line with VOSA guide to road worthiness.
- Ensure all drivers hours are monitored and controlled in accordance with EC driver's hours regulations.
- Strictly follow the PMI schedule.
- Manage all other aspects of Operator Compliance.
- Ensure all PDA's are in full working order or repaired quickly.
- Responsibility for the leadership and direction of the drivers and other team members
- Clearly communicate with all departments the delivery/service performance including failure reporting.
- To drive continuous improvement in people, process and the cost efficiency of the operations.
- To ensure sufficient resource is available for the daily delivery requirement.
- Able to manage projects and introduction of new initiatives.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and security of the vehicles
- Hold self and others accountable for quality of service and meeting deadlines.
- Work closely with the warehouse ensuring trunks leave on time.
- Recruit and retain all driving staff and manage headcount.
The successful Group Transport Manager will have the following experience:
- Previous experience in a managing transport operations preferably in FMCG, Retail or 3PL
- Thorough awareness of transport industry legislation
- Proven experience of managing sickness absence
- Experience of recruitment and proven ability to decrease / maintain low turnover
- Demonstrates track record of successfully achieving and exceeding targets and objectives
- Management / Leadership qualifications would be an advantage
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of others in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work on own initiative and be decisive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to motivate & develop others, delegate to meet the needs of the business
- Able to accurately follow instruction and Company policy
- Innovative and able to put forward ideas to improve the running of the distribution operation
- Analytical skills, ability to produce clear and concise reports using a PC
- Must be CPC qualified
- Be local to Worcester
£50,000 - £55,000 + Car, bonus, pension and holidays
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.