We are currently supporting a Not-for-Profit who are seeking an experienced and dedicated individual to join their team as Head of Finance. As the Head of Finance, you will play a crucial role in managing the financial health of the organisation, ensuring effective financial planning, reporting, and compliance. You will work closely with the senior management team and contribute to strategic decision-making processes. This role is paying up to £51,000 FTE and is a 4 day a week position.
This Not-for-Profit is a dynamic and innovative organisation dedicated to the protection and preservation of the environment. Their mission is to promote the sustainability of ecosystems and biodiversity. They work tirelessly to influence policy, engage in research, and carry out practical projects. If you are passionate about the environment and want to make a significant impact, this is the place for you.
Head of Finance:
- Maintaining an overview of the charity's finances.
- Implementing and integrating finance systems and processes, including, purchasing, cost recovery, gift aiding, and payments via direct debit.
- Manage a team of 2.
- Ensuring that the charity is compliant with all relevant finance, taxation and accounting legislation, guidelines and best practice.
- Ensuring that the charity has sufficient financial resources to meet its obligations and adhere to its reserves policy.
- Taking all reasonable steps to minimise the risk to charity from fraud and financial mismanagement.
- Managing the charity's bank accounts and, with reference to the CEO and Treasurer, ensuring that financial resources are invested according to the charity's policies.
- Ensuring that expenses claim forms are submitted promptly, are correctly filled in and properly authorised.
- Maintaining the charity's insurance schedule and payments and coordinating any claims.
- Ensuring that proper financial prudence is exercised by staff, contractors and others connected with the organisation.
- Keeping abreast of trends and developments in finance, identifying innovative techniques to ensure the charity maximises efficiency and effectiveness.
Head of Finance:
- Ideally you will be ACA, ACCA, CGMA/CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent qualified. Note, PQ or QBE will be considered.
- It is critical you have experience of charity finances including putting together the month end management accounts pack and the production of statutory accounts.
- Ideally you will have used Sage Accounting packages.
- Trustworthy, able to maintain confidentiality, deal with sensitive information and to take responsibility for important operational functions.
- Planning and organising skills, able to produce budgets and financial strategies.
- Able to devise and implement new systems and procedures.
- Effective team-working and collaboration skills.
- Friendly and self-confident.
- Ability to work independently.
- It is important you have previously managed a wide-ranging and complex workload and prioritise effectively while remaining calm and effective under pressure.
- Charity sector experience is desirable.
£50,000 - £51,000 per annum FTE.
28 hours a week.
Hybrid / flexible working.
Competitive annual leave entitlement.
Heath care Plan.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.