We are delighted to be partnering with a Membership Organisation in Herfordshire to recruit a Head of Finance. This role is paying up to £75,000 offering remote working.
This Membership Organisation promotes a profession that has had support for 25 years, they want to empower those in the profession to have an impactful career. The organisation has been in existance for nearly 5 years, they have a tunover of c£5m and c50 employees. Their main office is based in Hertfordshire, however the majority of the workforce currently work remotely.
Head of Finance:
- Exercising strong cash management through robust cash-flow forecasting
- Managing the operation and improvement of the organisation's financial controls, including ensuring strong liaison with HR on payroll
- Managing the year-end audit, accounts, tax analysis and statutory financial filings
- Managing the provision of quarterly accounts
- Management of banking operations; expenses and credit cards; VAT returns; purchase ledger and payments; membership/sales invoicing and cash/debt collection; Special Interest Group/Regional reporting.
- Day to day management of a small Finance team, ensuring objectives are set, aligned to the organisation's strategy
- Mentoring and developing Finance team members, ensuring good succession planning.
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Preparation of monthly management accounts with variance analyses and supporting commentary
- Working closely with the Directors and Heads of Departments to manage performance and to control costs
- Complete all financial documentation and attend Board Committee meetings when required
- Manage the audit relationship and co-ordinate the annual audit process
Head of Finance:
- At least 5 years' demonstrable experience in the areas of budgeting, forecasting, and financial control
- A good understanding of financial management issues and techniques
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a team
- Experience of finance process improvement
- Excellent IT skills, intermediate excel - 'VLOOKUP's', 'IF' statements, Pivot tables
- Ideally, you will have used Sage software or Microsoft Dynamics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the confidence to present financial information to the Board
- Structured and methodical, with an attention to detail
- Team player who works collaboratively with all departments
£70,000 - £75,000
25 days annual leave
Flexible working hours
Remote working, office based 2-3 times a month (Hertfordshire or London)
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.