The Head of Financial Business Planning & Analysis is a remote role which will be responsible for leading the national business in the financial planning, budgeting, and reporting. You will be creating a first-class finance function, within a high growth, progressive Not-for-Profit. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that is looking to leave their mark on a business.
EA First have partnered with a leading education charity, that are dedicated to providing education to everyone who needs it. A key mission of theirs is to fight inequality and promote social justice. The Finance team are currently in high growth due to the digital transformation that they are about to embark on.
The Head of Financial Planning & Analysis will lead a team of 10 on key strategic decisions to enhance the business intelligence.
Key components of the role include:
- Advising and building relatinships with the Leadership Team, the Chief Executive Officer, Finance & Resources Committee, and the Board of Trustees, to enhance the business intelligence, decision support and strategic advice on finance strategy and the business plan.
- Lead the financial business planning process, ensuring that the business plan and financial projections are consistent and coherent, and there is an effective process for monitoring, evaluating and reviewing the organisational performance in line with these requirements.
- Budgeting - preparing and setting budgets, always ensuring financial viability.
- Lead of the annual budget, monthly accounts and forecasting to align with the business planning process.
- Lead on finance projects such as implementing new processes, developing costing models and reporting to maximise efficiency and decision-making.
- Develop a high-quality Financial Planning and analysis team that develops good working relationships, provides timely management information and meaningful business insights. Working with the Financial Controller and Director of Finance & IT, ensure that internal controls are in place to ensure the organisation is compliant with all statutory and regulatory requirements. And oversee a regular review of all finance policies and procedures ensuring they are streamlined, effective, clearly communicated and easily accessible to all staff and volunteers at all levels.
The ideal Head of Financial Planning & Analysis will be a qualified accountant that has come from a Not-for-Profit or Charity background.
to enhance the business intelligence.
You will have experience in:
- Business transformation and process reviews with the ability to work under pressure both reactively and proactively.
- Experience building high-performance finance teams delivering business intelligence and decision support at the highest level. You will lead on team training and development where needed to ensure everyone maximises their potential.
- Management accounting experience including budgeting, forecasting, auditing, and reporting.
- Experience of business planning and strategic development, implementing and monitoring financial controls.
- Experience in Charity accounting.
- Strong leadership and staff management skills including experience in motivating, influencing, and developing team members into a high-performance team via performance management and appraisals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, planning and time management
On offer is up to £55k depending on experience + a great benefits package including 30 days annual leave
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.