- Are you a General Manager or Senior Operations Manager looking for a new challenge?
- Would you like to responsible for creating and implementing a Logistics strategy that involves international growth and the development of an automation strategy?
My client is a rapidly growing Retailer based in Birmingham who are targeting European growth due to recent acquisitions.
They're looking for a Head of Logistics to help create, implement and develop a long term strategy focused on growth and modernisation.
As Head of Logistics you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of warehouse operations and logistics while driving efficiency through automation and CI methodologies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable for end-to-end logistics and automation strategy.
- Establish a vision for automation implementation and Lean Six Sigma excellence.
- Collaborate cross functionally to ensure consistent and reliable implementation of this strategy across the logistics network.
- Identify, evaluate, and select automation solutions to optimise warehouse and logistics operations.
- Define KPI's to measure success against these strategies.
- Develop actions and drive the delivery with an ability to communicate progress across various levels of the organisation.
- Analyse and propose investments and processes that align with the organisation's business needs and oversee the preparation of budgets and proposals.
- Drive Continuous improvement across supply chain, procurement, planning and logistics related activities and maintain all variables to optimise efficiency.
- Provide leadership to departments under control and manage, coach and develop direct reports and manage high performing teams that deliver continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance.
- Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvements
- Ensure that all functions under supervision operate in accordance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety of staff and visitors.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, or a related field.
- Proven experience in senior management roles with a strong focus on warehouse and logistics operations, automation, and Lean Six Sigma.
- Previous experience at Head of Logistics or Director level.
- Expertise in automated warehouse systems, forklift operation, and packaging equipment.
- Strong financial acumen, budget management, and cost optimisation skills.
- Exceptional leadership, strategic thinking, and communication abilities.
- Continuous improvement mindset and the ability to drive change and innovation.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing business needs.
- Wihin commutable distance to Birmingham.
£80,000 - £90,000 + benefits.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.