Would you like to help save the planet? This role will let you do that. We are looking for a Head of Model Development and Analytics to join our clients mission to battle climate change.
This organisation has SaaS solutions that support the worlds largest businesses as they navigate their pathway to Net Zero. They also develop enterprise level risk analytics for a wide variety of non-climate change threats and trends. Having received series A funding at the back end of last year they are already well on the way to series B.
The Head of Model Development and Analytics is responsible for managing the team of 14 modellers currently (expected to grow to 21), taking an active part in guiding and directing the development of our next generation of models for the SaaS platform. They will be responsible for ensuring excellence in the quality of the analytics used by corporations to manage their climate change risk, incorporate it into their enterprise risk management processes, sustainability strategies, and net-zero decarbonization plans.
The role is part of the senior leadership team with collective responsibility for strategic issues of market fit, profitability, product roadmap, and customer satisfaction.
The Head of Model Development and Analytics will:
- Manage the development of models by the team to ensure execution on time and on budget against an agreed plan.
- Develop and enhance the model development and analytics road map and detailed development plan, in collaboration with senior management, product management team, and the sales and marketing function.
- Recruit and expand the team, as justified by the company budget, to provide the skills and resources required.
- Conceptualize and innovate approaches to solving analytics problems to quantify transitional and physical risks to corporates to inform risk management decisions and decarbonisation strategies.
- Engage with clients, investors, and external stakeholders, to communicate analytical concepts and promote the quality of analytics being developed by Risilience.
- Identification of partners, collaborators, and consultants to enhance our development activities.
We expect the successful person will have senior expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Economics of climate change risk and adaptation, particularly applications of statistical analysis, Beyesian probability, machine learning and artificial intelligence, interest in correlation and simulation of probabilistic outcomes.
- Corporate finance and macro-economic modelling, valuation and investment analytics, trading algorithms.
- Natural catastrophe modelling, with climate expertise and engineering applications into extreme tail risk analytics of low probability-high impact simulation, willing to adapt these techniques to economics and the financial performance of individual companies.
£140,000 to £160,000 + bonus + shares
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.