My client are a Global FMCG business who are about to embark on 5 year transformation programme.
As Head of Project Management, everything you do is focused on delivering exceptional results for the company's UK Logistics network.
- Global FMCG business who are looking to bolster their leadership team with the addition of an experienced Head of Project Management.
- Opportunity to drive real change and transformation through the development and implementation of a project management strategy.
As Head of Project Management, everything you do is focused on delivering exceptional results for the company's UK Logistics network. You will play a central role in supporting the development and execution of the PM strategy, and enhance business capability through the project delivery process.
Leading a high performing team of project managers alongside managing a portfolio of projects yourself, you ensure that that the team continue to meet quality standards, are delivered on time and within budget, and client satisfaction remains exceptionally high.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with the internal team and external stakeholders.
- Lead by example, empowering and inspiring the PM team and ensuring that trust, confidence and collaboration is maintained throughout the project delivery cycle.
- Define and drive best practice methodology and processes across our entire delivery capability, supported by continuous improvement and consistent delivery across the client portfolio through reliable and tailored project management.
- Ensure effective project governance, compliance, controls and a framework of best industry practice, to include all departmental processes, PMO tools and project documentation.
- Ensure documentation is maintained across the project portfolio, to include the documentation of risks, issues, logs, status reports, project plans, change controls etc.
- Provide accurate forecasting and set, monitor and report against the project portfolio goals and KPIs.
- Forecast and plan the capacity requirements for the PM team and projects, prioritising areas of activity and ensuring adequate resourcing with appropriate skill levels and expertise.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members, including overseeing employee onboarding, reviewing and evaluating performance, supporting career development, and providing opportunities to learn and grow.
- Recruit and retain talent for the present delivery and future growth of the team.
- Be a company ambassador, providing thought leadership and embodying our culture, values and behaviours.
- Lead strategic improvement initiatives across the logistics network, driving efficiencies, reducing cost to serve and contributing towards overall business performance.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in project management with familiarity of having managed/delivered a number of projects simultaneously, across divisions/functions and borders
- Experience of working within FMCG, 3PL, Food, Retail or Pharmaceuticals sectors
- Experience of working with project methodologies with demonstrable experience of the production of detailed documentation, project initiation documents, project plans, risk logs etc
- Project management experience, within a complex organisation with experience of managing a team of PMs
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills within senior forums
- Ability to leverage key internal and external stakeholders to make things happen
- Ability to implement and manage robust financial controls
- Ability to influence outside of direct responsibility via relationship building
- Proven ability to negotiate to achieve objectives
- Experience in a multicultural environment successfully working with people of different cultural backgrounds
- Educated to degree level
- Prince2 accreditation
£100,000 - £120,000
Car or car allowance
Competitive bonus scheme
Private healthcare - family
National role with an expectation to travel across the UK.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.