- Are you a Senior Solutions Design Manager or Head of Solutions Design looking for a new challenge?
- Would you like to responsible for creating and implementing a Logistics strategy that involves international growth and the development of an automation strategy?
- Do you want to be part of an incredible team surrounded by subject matter experts?
My client are a Global 3PL Provider with ambitious plans for growth and client diversification.
They're looking for a Head of Solutions Design to help create, implement and develop a long term solutions strategy focused on growth and modernisation.
As Head of Solutions Design you will be responsible for an incredibly capable team of Solutions Design Managers and Engineers ensuring the development of best in class, cost effective logistics solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable for end-to-end logistics and automation solutions across the network.Provide thorough and experienced support in data analysis, warehouse solution design, proposal preparation and presentations.Work independently on projects whilst supporting multiple projects, varying in scale and complexity
- Gather and analyse information from current and potential contracts in order to create a cost-effective and operationally-sound solution that can be presented to the customer within time limits
- Identify, evaluate, and select automation solutions to optimise warehouse and logistics operations.
- Lead the development of innovative, scalable, and cost-effective logistics solutions that meet client requirements and align with the company's strategic goals.
- Oversee bid management activities for new customers, working closely with the Commerical team to develop competitive and compelling proposals.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in existing logistics solutions for customers, focusing on efficiency, cost savings, and service enhancements.
- Collaborate with customers to understand their evolving needs and proactively propose enhancements.
- Engage with 3PL clients to understand their specific logistics needs, challenges, and objectives.
- Work closely with the Sales team to present and explain proposed solutions to 3PL clients, addressing their concerns and questions effectively.
- Analyse and propose investments and processes that align with the organisation's business needs and oversee the preparation of budgets and proposals.
- Drive Continuous improvement across supply chain, procurement, planning and logistics related activities and maintain all variables to optimise efficiency.
- Previous experience of working within Solutions Design preferably at Senior or Head of level.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, or a related field.
- Proven experience in senior management roles with a strong focus on warehouse and logistics operations, automation, and Lean Six Sigma.
- Strong understanding of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and their impact on operational processes and proposed solutions.
- Experience in specifying, sourcing, and managing the implementation of relevant equipment and services.
- Demonstrable experience in warehouse and operational layout design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at a senior level, demonstrating gravitas, impact, and credibility.
- Familiarity with performance management methodologies such as SLAs and KPIs.
- Deep understanding of financials and commercial contracts in the logistics industry.
- Ability to design cost-effective models based on specific types of agreements.
- Proficiency in industry standard Solution Design systems.
£90,000 - £100,000 + benefits
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.