This Head of Transformation based partly in London, will be driving this organisation digital strategy forward, ensuring they continue to innovate digitally and lead their market. The role is responsible for digital growth project management, stakeholder engagement across all levels of the business and managing the digital team, who are responsible for driving sales and profit through the digital platforms.
This FMCG organisation has innovation at the heart of their culture bringing cutting-edge solutions to their customers from digital to food and nutrition to concepts.
This culture of innovation is fundamental to the way they operate and they truly believe the success of their business is down to the ability for them to understand market trends and adapt their approach.
In this role you will be at the heart of that innovation, supporting the business and peers to innovate and drive that change.
The Head of Transformation will be responsible for:
- Management and development of the digital team
- Management of key Operational, Marketing, Finance and IT stakeholders
- Engage with clients where appropriate in existing and new contracts to gain digital buy-in, including supporting on new business bids
- Management of the digital rollout plan, including identification of suitable sites
- Delivery of budgeted sales and profit growth through optimizing user experience by leveraging data analytics
- Monitor competitor activity on a monthly basis and incorporate opportunities into digital strategy
- Form a strong working relationship with the relevant App provider to leverage priorities within their business, including management of the roadmap
- Work with wider business to support company-wide technological transformation project, including challenging existing systems and process and making recommendations for improvement
- Create streamlined process to ensure that a scalable structure is in place to implement a uniform user experience across all sites
The ideal Head of Transformation will be:
- Highly organised with the ability to operationalise strategic plans through effective project management
- Resilient, determined and effective at change management
- Experience managing third party suppliers/partners
- Proven track record of setting strategy to drive commercial value and ROI
- Capable of building strong relationships across all levels and functions, internal and external
- Excellent analytical and problem solving mentality strong attention to detail and quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- Superb influencing skills at all levels
- Confident and influential with customers and colleagues with people management experience
- Understanding of customer communications tactics
- Open to commuting to London
£65,000 - £70,000 + benefits
Fast career development
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.