My client is a leading distribution business based in Birmingham who are looking for a Health & Safety Manager to be responsible for creating and implementing a best in class H&S strategy across the network of DCs.
Specialist distributor based in Birmingham looking for a Health & Safety Manager.
- Manage site Health & Safety in accordance with Safety Health Environmental Procedures
- Ensure the site meets or exceeds the Health & Safety targets expected
- Manage and maintain site training records and site training matrix
- Co-ordination of all site Health & Safety activities including committees and training and communications to ensure the site remains compliant
- Assist/undertake risk assessments and create SSOWs as required.
- Ensure compliance when dealing with accident investigation and RIDDOR reports
- Work in line with Company Process and Audit requirements
- Define problems and devise effective solutions using rigorous logical and analytical tools
- Carry out site inspections to analyses what exists and what needs to be done, and arrange for appropriate actions to be taken
- Manage and drive safety plans across all network sites including advocating a H&S comes first culture.
- An effective team member of any number of teams
- Able to communicate with internal and external clients
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Driven by continual improvement
- High standard of work and integrity
- Can operate successfully with all levels of colleagues and management
- Able to resolve multiple and/or complex issues while under pressure
- NEBOSH qualification essential or equivalent
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with customers and colleagues by demonstrating a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications
£45,000 - £50,000 + benefits
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.