Title: Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £38k - £42k per annum
About the role:
EA First are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Officer to join our clients' fast paced Automotive site based in Wolverhampton. In this role you will be responsible for driving a positive Health and Safety culture across the operation, engaging and supporting staff of all levels to ensure compliance. This is a critical role and requires a passionate health and safety professional with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
How you will contribute:
- Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws or reporting requirements. Provide technical safety and health support and information to all employees to ensure employees are operating in a safe, orderly, and clean environment.
- Coordinate and administer safety training initiatives for the company to ensure compliance with UK Health, Safety & Environmental regulations and company and customer policies and procedures.
- Coordinate risk assessment and accident investigation activities including record keeping. Analyse risk assessments, near miss, and accident data to present to the senior management team.
- Lead health and safety meetings, present data, record actions, and maintain the progress on the actions. Review injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
- Identify, design and develop company health and safety management systems, training programs, and procedures as well as enforcing regulatory regulations and company policies.
- Administer mandatory environmental, health and safety training and ensure all newly hired employees, agency employees, contractors, visitors and transferred employees receive proper training.
- Work with the operational teams to improve the working environment, reducing the impacts to the employee from operational activities. Make recommendations on process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards.
- Conduct internal audits, work place inspections, and health & safety tours to the prescribed frequency ensuring compliance to audit standards. Work with auditors to answer findings and complaints in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Assess facilities and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety and environmental regulation compliance. This will include property in and around the facility. Review plans and specifications for development of equipment or processes to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Maintain emergency preparations and responses. Serve as a member of the First Aid/CPR Responder/ERT teams.
Your Key Skills/Experience
- NEBOSH General certificate essential / IEMA certified is advantageous but not essential.
- 5 years + Health and safety experience or exposure to health and safety in a fast paced warehouse/manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UK health, safety, and environmental regulatory requirements.
- Experience developing and administering health and safety programs.
- Project and launch experience is essential.
- Require an awareness of, and compliance with, all environmental, health and safety policies as related to the job functions including OHSAS 18001 and OISO 14001 quality & Safety standards.
- ABILITY TO START IMMEDIATELY/WITHIN 1 WEEK IS HIGHLY ADVANTAGEOUS
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.