In this broad ranging, ER focused, HR Advisor position, you will be the central point of contact - providing a full range of HR guidance and support to managers and employees, as well as supporting with the administration and co-ordination of HR systems.
Working in a collaborative HR team, reporting into the HR Business Partner and managing the HR Administration team, you will:
- Provide comprehensive and practical HR advice and support to Managers and employees.
- Support and manage disciplinary, grievance and performance cases and act as note taker throughout internal processes.
- Manage casework relating to sickness absence, providing advice and support to Managers, monitoring absence, attending case review and capability meetings, liaising with Occupational Health and medical professionals.
- Advise Managers on recruitment and selection, preparing job descriptions and adverts, participating in interviews and producing offers of employment (as required).
- Encourage and support employees in their development and training.
- Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and communicate this.
- Update policies and procedures.
- Respond to benefits related queries from employees and managing pension administration.
- Directly manage to the HR Administration team, therefore providing support and guidance and scheduling 1:1 meetings.
In addition, your role will include:
- Presenting and reviewing the Company Induction process.
- Monitoring and reviewing disclosure checks for new and existing employees.
- Supporting, monitoring, and implementing any changes in line with the NMW and Living Wage Allowance.
- Prepare the monthly HR reports.
- Prepare contractual documentation in relation to new appointments, terminations and variations of employment and notifying Payroll regarding salary changes.
- Maintain and update manual and computerised HR systems.
- Maintaining people data, ensuring consistency between the HR system.
- Running audit reports to highlight and cleanse any data errors.
- Updating HR System with employee data.
- Assisting with project administration (appraisals, recruitment, onboarding).
Ideally, you will have HR Advisor experience or be in a position where you are looking to take a step into your first HR advisory post. Achievement of CIPD or studying towards this would be helpful.
Time management, managing priorities and an appreciation of confidentiality are all important qualities in this varied job.
20 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension scheme, Life Assurance & Employee Assistance Programme.
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.